Uefa Euro 2020 – Schedule
This article shows the schedule for the 24 teams based on the Uefa Euro 2020 final tournament draw. We also briefly describe the background of the draw.
Background of the final draw
The draw consists of four pots with six nations in each. In pot four there is also four play-off winners coming from Nations League. At the end of March, we will know what teams it will be.
The draw will split the 24 teams into six groups with four teams in each one. The groups are named A to F. Considering the matches plays in several countries the groups already have some preferred nations based on the location. That means England will be in the group that also has London as a location for the matches. The reason is to avoid unnecessary travel for the teams.
Results of the Uefa Euro 2020 final draw
The draw took place on the 30th of November in ROMEXPO in Bucharest at 18:00 CET, and you find all the teams here below.
UEFA Euro 2020 group stages
- 12 JunTurkey Italy 21.00
- 13 JunWales Switzerland 15.00
- 13 JunDenmark Finland 18.00
- 13 JunBelgium Russia 21.00
- 14 JunEngland Croatia 15.00
- 14 JunAustria Play-off winner D/A 18.00
- 14 JunNetherlands Ukraine 21.00
- 15 JunPlay-off winner C Czech Republic 15.00
- 15 JunPoland Play-off winner B 18.00
- 15 JunSpain Sweden 21.00
- 16 JunPlay-off winner A/D Portugal 18.00
- 16 JunFrance Germany 21.00
- 17 JunFinland Russia 15.00
- 17 JunTurkey Wales 18.00
- 17 JunItaly Switzerland 21.00
- 18 JunUkraine Play-off winner D/A 15.00
- 18 JunDenmark Belgium 18.00
- 18 JunNetherlands Austria 21.00
- 19 JunSweden Play-off winner B 15.00
- 19 JunCroatia Czech Republic 18.00
- 19 JunEngland Play-off winner C 21.00
- 20 JunPlay-off winner A/D France 15.00
- 20 JunPortugal Germany 18.00
- 20 JunSpain Poland 21.00
- 21 JunItaly Wales 18.00
- 21 JunSwitzerland Turkey 18.00
- 22 JunPlay-off winner D/A Netherlands 18.00
- 22 JunUkraine Austria 18.00
- 22 JunRussia Denmark 21.00
- 22 JunFinland Belgium 21.00
- 23 JunCzech Republic England 00.00
- 23 JunCroatia Play-off winner C 21.00
- 24 JunPlay-off winner B Spain 18.00
- 24 JunSweden Poland 18.00
- 24 JunGermany Play-off winner A/D 21.00
- 24 JunPortugal France 21.00
Teams has increased over time
Uefa Euro 2020 final tournament consists of 24 teams. This is the second time the tournament has this setup. The first time was in 2016, earlier it was 16 teams. When this European Championship started in 1960, it was only four teams competing. We cover a lot more about Uefa Euro tournament on our main page.
Hosting countries in Uefa Euro 2020
In 2016 it was the last time the host nation did not have to qualify. The new procedure is to spread out the matches in 12-13 different countries in Europe. By that, no team will have a free ticket to Uefa Euro. We think this solution is better when more countries can take advantage of the tournament and also a better way to use the high capacity arenas in different locations in Europe.
The hosting countries in Uefa Euro 2020 is presented in the game schedule above, but we also list them here.
Amsterdam, Baku, Bilbao, Bucharest, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Glasgow, London, Munich, Rome and Saint Petersburg.